Combined Geo Scientist/Geologists Exam 2015 Eligibility Criteria are the conditions that must be satisfied by the candidates before applying for the exam. Otherwise their form will be rejected and they will not get any fees refund as well. Union Public Service Commission will be organizing the exam for the recruitment of eligible candidates to Group-A posts as Chemist, Geologist and Geophysicist in government departments and ministries. Candidates interested for the exam can go through the article and grab all the details for required eligibility criteria.
We have categorized the Combined Geo Scientist/Geologists Exam 2015 Eligibility Criteria on the basis of age, qualifications, etc.
Candidates nationality should either be:
- Indian; or
- They must be subject of Nepal; or
- They must be Tibetan refugee those who migrated to India prior to 1 January 1962.
- Candidates who are born in India and migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Pakistan or other East African Countries.
- Candidates satisfying the above mentioned points (except first point), must have the certificate of eligibility approved by the Government.
- Candidates applying for the post of Geophysicist, Geologist and Chemist should be atleast 21 years in age and not more than 32 years. The age will be calculated as on 1 August 2015.
- For the post of Junior Hydro geologist, minimum age of candidates must be 21 years and maximum age should not be more than 35 years as taken on 1 August 2015.
- There will be relaxation in maximum age for the candidates of reserved categories. The details in this regards are available on the website of UPSC.
Since, there are various posts therefore as per the Combined Geo Scientist/Geologists Exam 2015 Eligibility Criteria the educational qualification required are different.
- For the post of Geologist, candidates should have completed post graduation in Geological Science/ Geology/ Engineering Geology/ Marine Geology/ Mineral Exploration/ Geo-exploration/ Earth Science/ Geochemistry/ Coastal Areas Studies/ Geological Technology/ Oceanography/ Petroleum Exploration. The degree must have been completed from the recognized board or university.
- For the post of Geophysicist, candidates should have completed their M. Sc in Applied physics/ physics/ marine geophysics/ applied geophysics or Integrated M. Sc.
- For the post of chemist they must have completed their M. Sc in applied chemistry/ chemistry/ analytical chemistry incorporated by Act of Parliament or other institutes which are established under Act of Parliament.
For further details on eligibility criteria regarding other remaining posts, candidates must refer to the notification of exam or visit entrancecorner.com.